For just £31 a year you can join the Shenley Striders.
We invite you to come down and join us a few runs to meet some of our members and to experience our warm and friendly atmosphere (please read our code of conduct below).
If after a few sessions you decide to join, simply download and complete the membership application form below and bring it to your next session with your joining fee (this can also be done by bank transfer).
Also, please download and sign the disclaimer form and bring to your first session.
Membership is paid annually and runs from the 1st April until 31st March each year. When you become a member of, or renew your membership with Shenley Striders, you will automatically be registered as a member of England Athletics. We
will provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (myAthleticsPortal). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your myAthleticsPortal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this incredible price you get the following:
- A warm and friendly atmosphere in which to run and meet people.
- Weekly interval training sessions on a Monday evening.
- Weekly social runs on a Wednesday evening and Sunday morning.
- 10% discount at certain sports shops (e.g. Sweatshop, Up and Running).
- Discounts on entry to running events across the UK via your UK Athletics registration, which is £15 of the fee.
Code of Conduct
We are a group of like-minded people running for a common purpose: Fun, enjoyment and support in an inclusive environment. We expect everyone to follow the below code of conduct if they wish to remain a member of the club.
We have a collective responsibility to help each other
- Together for safety, inspiration, routine and friendship.
We are a running club rather than a ‘learn to run club’
- Basic level – 10 minute mile pace (6 mph).
Be mindful of others
- Not too fast & not too slow, different strokes for different folks.
Remember your running etiquette
- Overtaking giving plenty room, not leaving others behind and looping.
- Respecting others from different running clubs during races.
Support the session leader
- We don’t get lost, we simply discover new routes!
- If you see the group getting stretched then instigate a loop, as the session leader will be concerned with the route.